Newsletter sent on 25th May 2020
Good Monday morning from London, Europe.
The Two Weeks of Databases initiative has concluded. It’s been a big effort, but it was worth it! The interviews remain in a dedicated YouTube channel. Interviewed persons include Monty Widenius, Peter Zaitsev from Percona, Asya Kamsky from MongoDB and Richard Hipp from SQLite. But I interviewed several other interesting persons, so I suggest you check the playlist.
I wrote two related articles recently:
Articles from the web
- OpenSSL bug: High hash collision rate for thread id hashing with default callback – Not new, but quite interesting.
- Understanding Cost Model
- Large Transactions in TiDB
- TileDB 2.0 and the Future of Data Science
- MySQL Performance : XFS -vs- EXT4 Story
- MySQL Compressed Binary Logs
IT and Database strategy
- Online learning: how to acquire new skills during lockdown
- Lockdown learnings #4, by Jerome Pimmel, AWS Development Manager
If you like my contents, my public talks, my books and Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs, you may want to check my professional services. If you can’t make this kind of decisions, please consider to endorse me with your manager.
You may also want to follow the open_source_databases Telegram channel. Links about the open source database world, every day.