Newsletter sent on 8th June 2020
Good Monday morning from London, Europe.
- Monday 15th June you’ll be very welcomed to join this live talk on YouTube: How Cloud Computing changed companies cultures. I will talk with Alex Rusu (cloud and AWS consultant) about how cloud computing modified company cultures, particularly their approach to scaling and fixing problems.
- Migrating from SQL Server to MariaDB on the MariaDB Knowledge Base – I realise that I didn’t mention before in this newsletter that I wrote this section of MariaDB KnowledgeBase, as a project for MariaDB Foundation. If you have experience on this topic, your feedback is very welcome.
Articles from the web
- Database Locking: What it is, Why it Matters and What to do About it
- Most tech content is bullshit – A smart exhortation to understand problems instead of blindly use copy/paste.
- MiniCouchDB in Rust – This is interesting from many points of view. I am considering using Rust as a language for automation, rather than Python or other interpreted languages.
- New Feature in Percona XtraDB Cluster 8.0 – Streaming Replication
- Autocomplete Matching in Manticore Search
IT & Database strategies
- Survey Surfaces Tension Between Software Speed and Quality
- 5 post cloud migration risks and how CIOs can avoid them
- What is Mutable vs. Immutable Infrastructure?
If you like my contents, my public talks, my books and Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs, you may want to check my professional services. If you can’t make this kind of decisions, please consider to endorse me with your manager.
You may also want to follow the open_source_databases Telegram channel. Links about the open source database world, every day.