Newsletter sent on 3rd February 2020
Good Monday morning – if your timezone is similar to London, Europe.
You didn’t read this greeting for a while. Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs was suspended without a notice, simply because it took more time than I had. But… despite the good practical reasons, it was a mistake. FRUs is a way to communicate with people. Spread important news and views, and quite frequently receive your smart private feedback.
I’ve been missing this, because I think Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs provided value to both readers and me. Which explains why people still clicks on very old newsletters – and no, it’s not the result of fake statistics from the newsletter service I use, because I also got some feedback very recently!
I am rethinking my business, because I believe I will soon have the opportunity to expand it. And as part of this, I am rethinking Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs. I hope you’ll find it useful and interesting. But this is also the best time to help me: give me your ideas and opinions now, I’ll keep them all into account.
The next London Open Source Databases meetup is: Meet MariaDB team! Attend and you will meet incredibly high level speakers, like Monty Widenius (no need to tell you who he is, right?), Marko Makela (InnoDB main developers) and Vicentiu Ciorbaru (MariaDB Foundation senior engineer, team lead, and ubiquitous speaker).
Webinars – I will start a series of webinars. Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs allows you to stay tuned and get to know when the first webinar happens. In the meanwhile – please vote this poll! In this way you will let me know which topics you are interested in.
Since the last newsletter I published loads of contents. Just a few links…
- Practical advice for MySQL/MariaDB live migrations
- The dangers of replication filters in MySQL
- PostgreSQL hstore: key/value in relational tables
- Choosing Cassandra consistency levels
Articles from the web
- ProxySQL Configuration File & Startup Process Explained
- Best way to count distinct indexed things in PostgreSQL
- RocksDB Is Eating the Database World
IT and Database strategy
- The rise of SQL-based data modeling and DataOps
- Automation Anywhere, But Should It Be Automation Anything?
- How the Database Can Hurt Your Startup
- The FOSS Contributor Fund: Forming a Community of Adopters – Indeed started a program to fund open source projects voted by their employees who are also open source contributors. Now they want to help other companies to do the same.
- Getting your app idea onto paper, the MVP way
- Tips for Saying No to a Client Like a Professional
If you like my contents, my public talks, my books and Federico-Razzoli.com UPDATEs, you may want to check my professional services. If you can’t make this kind of decisions for your organisation, please consider endorsing me with your manager.