I can deliver onsite MySQL training and remote MySQL training.
Training can be tailored for particular crowds, such as: developers, junior MySQL DBAs, DBAs working with other RDBMSs, system administrators, developers, analysts.
Standard courses are:
|MySQL Query Optimisation||2 days||2,000 GBP|
|MySQL Stored Procedures||1 day||1,200 GBP|
|MySQL Essentials for DBAs||2 days||1,800 GBP|
|InnoDB storage engine||2 days||2,000 GBP|
|MySQL replication||2 days||2,000 GBP|
|Galera Cluster||2 days||2,000 GBP|
|MySQL window functions and CTE||1 day||1,200 GBP|
For onsite training not in London, travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
For 2-days online courses, the price is 500 GBP per attendee; for 3-days online courses, the price is 700 GBP per attendee. If you are interested in the next online course, contact me. If I see enough interest, I will schedule a training soon.
- You will receive a copy of the slides, and other used documents if any.
- You will receive examples, or links to repositories which contain all examples.
- Onsite only: collective interactive exercises.
- Questions, questions, questions.
- There will be some physical or virtual place for networking and open discussions.
MySQL Essentials for DBAs
This course is intended for devops, novice DBAs, and for DBAs who are not familiar with MySQL.
If the company uses MariaDB or Percona Server, the course can be done using the same DBMS.
- MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB: make an informed choice
- MySQL architecture
- Installing MySQL from binaries or packages
- Configuration and performance tuning 101
- Backup and restore (Xtrabackup, mysqldump)
- Recovering corrupted tables
- Upgrading reducing risks
InnoDB storage engine
This is a course for DBAs who need to consolidate their knowledge of InnoDB, for better performance and reliability of their servers.
- An overview of existing storage engines
- InnoDB overview
- Transactions 101
- Buffer pool configuration
- Transaction logs configuration
- InnoDB tables and indexes
- InnoDB recovery mode
- InnoDB tables backup and restore
A course for DBAs who need to setup a replication environment for the first time, or need to understand better how replication works and how to deal with typical problems. It is pretty much hands-on, but with important theory parts.
- Understanding the binary log
- Configuring a master
- Starting the first slave
- Adding new slaves
- Master-master setup
- Slave promotion with GTID
- Resolving conflicts with pt-table-checksum and pt-table-sync
- Restarting replication without resolving conflicts
- Monitoring replication
- Failover example with ProxySQL
This course is for MySQL DBAs that have no knowledge of Galera. On request, Percona XtraDB Cluster or MariaDB can be used instead.
- Galera overview
- Designing a cluster
- Starting a new cluster
- Rolling upgrades
- Disaster recover
- Performance tuning
- Avoiding flow control
- Running DDL